Why content is important?
Content is the most important and essential part of hotel marketing. It not only helps attract new prospects and customers, which in turn generates revenue for the company, but also helps create an online presence across search engines, worldwide web and powers your hotel’s website, social media posts, marketing campaign initiatives, and much more.
How to create relevant, informative, compelling content, and an effective content strategy?
Content created simply based on assumptions will never give you the desired results. It needs to follow a defined content strategy based on business and marketing objectives.
It is a structured process and involves consideration of various aspects and parameters. To create a successful content strategy and compelling content you need to know your guest, buyers’ persona, guest’s booking journey, and various touchpoints in the buying journey and customer life-cycle.
Compelling content always starts with the right topic which is relevant at each step of the process, otherwise it will fail to deliver desired results. However, compelling content by itself is not enough. Determining which marketing channels to use for what content is an important part of the process as well. Delivering relevant, engaging content through the right channel at the right time, is critical for meeting and exceeding expectations of the guest at each touchpoint and achieving your company’s marketing objectives.
Use relevant analytics and AI tools to track and measure the effectiveness of the various elements of the content and marketing campaign, and tweak if required to optimize the campaign to achieve desired results.
Here is a list of hotel content ideas to create compelling content and convert lookers into bookers of your property:
Content Ideas for Social Media Channels
- Events and festivals at the hotel
- Events and festivals at the destination
- What to expect at the property – unique selling points, amenities, features etc.
- Activities at the hotel and destination
- Area attraction posts
- Facts about the destination
- Historical and significant information about the hotel or destination
- Recipe and demonstration by Chefs, Mixologist or Bartender and special tips shared by them
- New menu items or specialty drinks introduction
- Seasonal posts – food & beverages and activities
- Round-up post about key events or recognition like ” this time last year”
- Hotel news, accolades, and positive media reviews
- Interview and interesting conversation with guests, hotel employees and other key stakeholders
- Facts about the destination
- Positive guest reviews
- Dissemination of user generated content and interesting content by all stakeholders
- Renovation and upgrade updates
- Sharing hotel’s blog posts
- Loyalty program information
- Various discounts and promotional offers or giveaways
- Latest trend posts and how the hotel is keeping up with the trend
- Video post
- Travel itineraries
- Photography guide and areas to capture best pictures
- Q & A/ FAQ/ Surveys/ Polls
- Before & after posts
- Fun and humorous posts
- Travel tips & tricks by the hotel and guests
- Special day posts – Mother’s day, father’s day, donut day, coffee day etc.
- Thank you posts